How to Pick the Perfect Length of your Necklace
Standard Necklace Lengths
First, it’s useful to get familiar with the standard necklace lengths and their corresponding names. These are:
- Collar (12-14 inches): Sits right against the throat, often in multiple strands. This type of necklace goes great with boat necks, off-the-shoulder, or V-neck tops.
- Choker (14-16 inches): Sits at the base of the neck. A classic choker can be paired with virtually any outfit.
- Princess (18-20 inches): Falls just below the throat at the collarbone. This length is ideal for pendants and is extremely versatile.
- Matinee (22-24 inches): Lies a few inches below the collarbone. This length is great for casual or business attire.
- Opera (28-36 inches): Hangs below the bust or can be doubled over to act as a choker. It’s great for high necklines and evening wear.
For the right choice of length, consider the following
Body Type and Neck Size
Business or Formal Style
To create formal and informal looks does not necessarily need lots of different necklaces. Our company offers key pieces and chains that fit both formal and informal attire. The matinee necklace either pearl or chain is a perfect pick for both formal and informal attire. This necklace falls about 2 inches below the collarbone. Its versatility and layering opportunities make it a favorite style. For a great layering piece, the small diamond chain offers that flexibility. If you like gemstones and want to give your outfit a pop of color, our clip chain with amethyst pendant is a great choice for both styles. Also, the Xlong Venice box chain is a stylish option for casual or formal wear. You can layer it with other chain lengths depending on your outfit and your build.